Job Title: Design Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: OSCO Homes, Whitehouse Business Park, Runcorn
To manage and coordinate all the design elements required for the development, design, construction and lifelong usage of an OSCO Home. To lead, innovate and oversee the product development including legal/regulatory compliance, best practice, Warranty provider requirements and Client/end user requirements. To engage with production and assembly teams to assist in enhancing safety, efficiency and quality throughout the build process.
• Responsible for the development of company design system, management of the design processes and progress within it, including version control on all output and archiving of superseded documents
• Setting the design brief and interfaces for each project
• Co-ordination of requirements and interfaces between consultant designers and engineers including architects, structural, M&E and production
• Setting the approval processes and undertaking approval role, both with Client teams on requirements and design information prior to issue
• Ensuring designs are compliant with Client specifications
• Technical lead on design infrastructure required such as the Vault, BIM360 etc
• Critical review of design and challenge
• Oversight of the production engineering process, on time, in full, right first time
• Approving information for manufacture including drawings, cutting files and bills of materials
• Reviewing of production design with production team, to improve quality of data and process
• Working with team to identify cause of problems and engagement with the NCR process
• Management of warranty technical design manual approval and amendments
• Promoting and Maintaining an environment of continuous improvement
• Alteration of design processes to improve accuracy, efficiency and bring value engineering to design, production, assembly and completion of buildings
• Keep up to date with industry progression and engage with new technologies that may enhance company processes and products
• Bring innovation to the product by keeping up to date with latest building products and materials
• Training and supporting team members in use of systems, applications and processes
• Ensuring the design process and outputs support and meet the needs for each project
• Attendance at Client, site, production and design meetings as required
• Building relationships with technical and design managers at suppliers, warranty providers and clients
Other personal characteristics
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Focused on quality
• Honest and open
• Can-do / will do attitude
• Desire to make a difference
• Happy to work as part of a small team
Knowledge, experience and qualifications (Not all essential)
Knowledge and experience of the following would be preferred:
• Autodesk Revit
• Autodesk Inventor including the Vault
• Experience of design management in the construction industry
• Experience of offsite production engineering
• Knowledge of Digital Engineering techniques for the built environment sector (BIM, mixed realities, big data etc)
OSCO HOMES – Want to work for us?
If you want to join a company that is ambitious, caring and supportive, that brings a group of inspirational people together to deliver the best, then read on.
We are looking for those who want to do more, who are keen to change how we build homes for the better, bringing improvement for those that work on them, occupiers, owners and the wider community.
To join our team, you should be up for a challenge, be prepared to listen, critique and deploy new ideas and be happy to support those around you, as we all move forward together.
Of course, we still need to work in the world today, so we also need a Design Manager that understands Digital Engineering Techniques for the Built Environment (BIM, mixed realities, big data etc) and can navigate through all design elements required for the manufacture construction and lifelong usage of an OSCO home.
OSCO HOMES – what we do
OSCO Homes is a distinctly different housing developer. Our vision is to transform the way houses are made in the UK, leveraging innovative engineering with a passion for quality, durability and sustainability. Creating beautiful homes for generations.
Using light gauge steel, we assemble externally complete panels in the factory and fix them together on site, to create watertight and secure houses which can be quickly finished and handed over to the client right first time, every time.
OSCO Homes a wholly owned subsidiary of Procure Plus Holdings Limited.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, up to 30 days’ holiday with flexibility to buy/sell, company performance bonus and salary sacrifice schemes. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.