Please declare any professional and personal interests that could give rise to an actual or potential conflict of interests that OSCO should be aware of in relation to the recruitment of this position.
Previous applicants need not re-apply.
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Salary: Competitive Hours: 37.5
Reports to: Head of Operations Direct Reports: Site Managers – travel required to various business hubs and sites throughout the North West
Date advert closes: Open Assessment Centre and Interview date: TBA Expected start date: ASAP
OSCO HOMES – Want to work for us?
If you want to join a company that is ambitious, caring and supportive, that brings a group of inspirational people together to deliver the best, then read on!
We are looking for those who want to do more: who are keen to change how we build homes for the better, bringing improvement for those that work on them, occupiers, owners and the wider community.
To join our team, you should be up for a challenge, be prepared to listen, critic and deploy new ideas and be happy to support those around you, as we all move forward together.
Of course, we still need to work in the world today, so we also need a project manager that can navigate through all stages of a construction project and has experience of dealing with clients, utilities, civils and finishing trades. A bit of production, engineering or design experience would be a bonus!
OSCO HOMES – what we do
OSCO Homes is a distinctly different housing developer. Our vision is to transform the way houses are made in the UK, leveraging innovative engineering with a passion for quality, durability and sustainability. Creating beautiful homes for generations.
Using light gauge steel, we assemble externally complete panels in the factory and fix them together on site, to create watertight and secure houses which can be quickly finished and handed over to the client right first time, every time.
OSCO Homes a wholly owned subsidiary of Procure Plus Holdings Limited.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, up to 30 days’ holiday with flexibility to buy/sell, company performance bonus and salary sacrifice schemes. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
To manage multiple small housing projects from detailed design through to handover and 12-month defects.
Key accountabilities and example activities
Planning and Resource Management
- Establish, monitor and report against project programmes for each project
- Apply lean and manufacturing techniques to site delivery to enable ‘factory on site’
- In conjunction with the production team, establish production schedules to meet project demands
- Ensure the right resources are in place as required for the successful delivery of the project, this includes overseeing materials into and out of the factory and use of internal teams for assembly of houses on site as well as all activities on site
- Manage pre-construction process including statutory approvals, planning, legal requirements, utilities etc
- Responsible for delivery of construction sites including ensuring they are compliant with H&S legislation and demonstrate best practice in HSQE
- Supporting QS and site manager in selection, appointment and management of construction subcontractors
- Support and encourage site manager in delivery of construction best practice
- Responsible for financial planning and monitoring of each project
- Ensure projects are completed to a high quality and exceed customers’ expectations
- Act as principal contact for Clients including representing the company at meetings, responding to queries and correspondence
- Continually reviewing and looking for new ways of working, recommending and implementing these changes to improve quality of service
- Dealing with enquiries and following up responses to ensure timely resolution
- Providing advice and support to colleagues and customers
- Developing and maintaining a wide network of relationships with key stakeholders
- Working collaboratively across the business to facilitate communication and ensure consistency
- Any other related duties as required by your line manager
Managing a team
- Cascading communications, setting clear objectives and targets
- Ensuring the team are engaged and promote the ethos of OSCO Homes
- Monitoring performance and providing regular informal feedback
- Coaching individuals and identifying opportunities for development